Thursday 25 July 2013

Butterfly Pen Pot

I don't know where the time has gone recently, i cannot believe it's almost August! I have been having a major craft & house tidy so i haven't been doing my crafting plus it is so hot at the moment it just make me sleep but least i am getting a good tan!  Today i have a 3d project to show you. I fancied doing something a bit different as i have been doing so much behind the scenes work for magazines and its all been christmas. I actually made this for my fellas mum as she loves butterflies!
It is actually a MDF pen pot that i got from the MDF Man from one of the shows this year. I covered it with Lilac Acrylic Paint and then covered the panels with buttefly papers. This collection is called Time Flies and is from Craftwork Cards. I also added some ribbon and die cut butterflies that i propped up on a stick to make it a bit more interesting. 

The best news is she loved it and it matches with her bedroom colours, but she did say its too nice to use. I take that as a compliment though ;)

Thanks for stopping by today :)
Kitty xx

5 comments:

coops said...

wow so beautiful kitty.gorgeous butterflies and colours :D

xx coops xx

Shirley said...

Oh so beautiful kitty. I would love this but it is too goog to use.

Shirley

scrappyjacky said...

Love what you've made.....it's gorgeous.

Daniele said...

what a great pen box, love the colours and the butterflies are lovely, like your post below thats as serious amount of stash
hugs

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Kitty, I like the papers and the stunning butterflies.
Kevin xx

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails